10 Free Things To Do In Charleston
- Visit Rainbow Row; 13 colorful historic houses located at 79 to 107 East Bay Street (North of Tradd St. and South of Elliot St.)
- Take a walk over the Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge. (or New Cooper River Bridge). It's one of the largest cable stayed bridges in the Western Hemisphere and connects downtown Charleston to the town of Mt. Pleasant.
- Say Hi to Fred. Fred is a wonderful gentleman who out of the goodness of his heart put up Charleston's Free Little Library. He's at 65 Logan Street. Stop by, say Hi and grab a book anytime!
- Visit any of the area Farmer's Markets that take place throughout the week.
- See the majestic 1,500 year old Angel Oak Tree on Johns Island.
- Visit the Firefly Distillery on Wadmalaw Island for a tasting and tour of the distillery.
- Splash in the Circular Fountain at Waterfront Park.
- Sign up for a free cooking class at Williams Sonoma on King Street. Free cooking classes are available throughout the year for adults and kids.
- Score a totally free Isle of Palms T-shirt. Simply print any page of the IOP website and bring it to City Hall.
- Browse the numerous art galleries of The French Quarter.
READERS: What other things must folks do in Charleston?